Acute mitral regurg
- 7 to 10 days post MI
- can result from papillary muscle rupture
- often complication of inferior MI
- can cause abrupt cardiogenic shock
- best tx = afterload reduction with diuretics, nitroprusside, Surgery.
Ventricular septal rupture
- first 24 hrs and at 2-5 days
- findings: holosystolic murmur, CP, painless hypotension
- tx: O2, surgery, vasodilators, nitroprusside
- findings: CHF +/- shock
- dx: CXR w/ enlarged silhouette
- At risk for thromboembolism.
Ventricular free wall rupture
- cause hemopericardium/tamponade
- signs: CP, hypotension, tamponade
Post MI Arrhythmias
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.