Pediatric UTI - Dr. Reynolds
1. Every fever does not require a urine screening test.
2. UTI= pyuria plus >50,000 CFU single organism
3. UTI becomes the diagnosis when the culture is available. We start antibiotics based on the results of the screening UA. Follow up is needed.
4. Choose antibiotics by resistance patterns and not your favorite PEM attending.
5. Renal scars are a long term consequence of pyelonephritis. Whether we can prevent scarring remains uncertain.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.