1. History and physical exam are key elements of discerning benign chest pain from cardiopulmonary pathology.
2. Obtain an EKG in all children presenting with chest pain or syncope.
3. EKG is the most sensitive diagnostic test for pericarditis.
4. Many cases of myocarditis will present with primarily respiratory complaints.
5. Ask about family history of deafness and unexplained sudden death.
6. Check for hepatomegaly in infants with vague or respiratory complaints.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.