M&M - Dr. King
High Pressure Injuries
- Surgical issue - Don't send them home!
- Leave the finger alone
- No Ice (decreases perfusion further)!
- High risk for amputation
Spontaneous Bladder Rupture
- Extremely rare diagnosis
- Expand your differential, use your diagnostic pause
- Consider in pts with chronic GU issues
- Add creatinine to abdominal fluid studies
- Temp >40 with AMS
- Patients die from multisystem organ failure
- Cooling and supportive care
- Call Pearson for therapeutic hypothermia
Nec Fasciitis and Ultrasound
- Take time to ultrasound your patients
- Look for air (hyperechoic areas with shadowing), fascial thickening, deep fluid
- Cannot rule out nec fasc with US
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.