High Risk EM - Dr.
1. Lawsuits are inevitable, but excellent documentation can make the process much easier for you.
2. One of the first steps is treating people well, large percentage of plantiffs want to teach physician a lesson.
3. Most common and costly area of litigation is related to delayed or missed diagnosis.
4. Consider test you order, if they are needed, but be sure to review all results and follow-up on incidentals.
5. Know the evidence that supports the protocols that you follow in your institution, such as chest pain, and make sure that are supported in the literature.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.