Case Conference - Dr. Lounsbury
• Any penetrating wound between the base of the neck and the inguinal region is a considered thoracic
• ACLS protocol has little to no role in trauma resuscitation
• Resuscitation can be undertaken for organ donation- make sure to document your rationale
• Consider aortic dissection in all presentations with chest pain with abdominal or back pain
• Aortic dissection is rare however there is an increased risk among cocaine users
• Calcified pericarditis is a form of restrictive pericarditis which can result in right sided heart failure. The treatment of choice is pericardectomy.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.