Case Conference - Dr. Lounsbury
• Cerebral venous thrombosis is a rare and difficult to diagnose cause of headaches
• Risk factors include prothrombotic states, pregnancy, infection, or inflammatory conditions
• Diagnose with CTV or MRV as D-dimer is not sensitive or specific
• Always consider VTE in pregnant patients with leg pain or hip pain
• Pregnant & postpartum patients are at significantly increased risk of VTE
• DVT’s in pregnancy tend to be left sided, proximal, and massive!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.