• PID is a common disease amongst young women and has a wide variety of clinical presentations
• PID is a rare but known cause of small bowel obstruction in adolescents
• Beware the sterile pyuria
• Errors in the emergency department are multifaceted and fall into three domains: cognitive, environmental, and systems errors
• Most cognitive errors are caused by use of heuristics (cognitive shortcuts)
• There are steps to mitigating cognitive error: baseline knowledge of cognitive errors, attempt to disconfirm, and cognitive stops.