• If even considering CVA as diagnosis, call Code Stroke
• Consider mechanical thrombectomy in CVA patients who may not be IV tPA patients
• Role of head trauma in IV tPA exclusion criteria poorly defined
• Always consider VTE in pregnant patients with leg pain
• Pregnant & postpartum patients are at significantly increased risk of VTE
• Diagnostic workup with Modified Well’s Criteria
• Lovenox is the treatment of choice for VTE in pregnancy
Disclaimer: All original material and images included on this website are the sole property of CMC EM Residency and cannot be used or reproduced without written permission. Information contained on this website is the opinion of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official opinion of Atrium Health or Carolinas Emergency Medicine Residency.
For Health Care Providers: Every effort is made to provide the most up to date evidence based medicine. However, this content may not necessarily reflect the standard of care and application of material contained on this website is at the discretion of the practitioner to verify for accuracy.
For the Public: This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Relying on information contained on this website is done at your own risk. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking care secondary to content on this website. Call 911 or seek a medical professional immediately for any medical emergencies.
Like us on Facebook or
follow us on Twitter/Instagram
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical Education Building., Third floor
1000 Blythe Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203