1. Hyperkalemia may manifest as junctional escape rhythm
2. Do not underestimate dehydration as a cause for AKI and hypotension
3. Don't forget to fill the tank before you squeeze it
1. Absolute Lymphocyte Count can be a poor man's CD4. ALC < 1000 cell/mm3 is predictive of CD4 <200cells/mm3
ALC >2000 is predictive of CD4 >200.
2. Bactrim is the treatment of choice for PCP Pneumonia
3. Steroids are indicated for PCP pneumonia with A-a gradient >35 or PaO2 < 70
Disclaimer: All original material and images included on this website are the sole property of CMC EM Residency and cannot be used or reproduced without written permission. Information contained on this website is the opinion of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official opinion of Atrium Health or Carolinas Emergency Medicine Residency.
For Health Care Providers: Every effort is made to provide the most up to date evidence based medicine. However, this content may not necessarily reflect the standard of care and application of material contained on this website is at the discretion of the practitioner to verify for accuracy.
For the Public: This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Relying on information contained on this website is done at your own risk. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking care secondary to content on this website. Call 911 or seek a medical professional immediately for any medical emergencies.
Like us on Facebook or
follow us on Twitter/Instagram
Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical Education Building., Third floor
1000 Blythe Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203