1. Single episode - concerning for impending airway compromise - get help!
- tonsills, abscess, mono, croup, tracheitis, epiglottitis, bronchiolitis
- airway foreign body
- obstruction is above the level of the vocal cords;
- Ex, laryngomalacia - from bith; worse with supine. eating or upset
- below the vocal cords;
- Ex, tracheomalacia in hypotonic kids; vascular anomalies
- at the level of the cords (or just below)
- Ex, subglottic stenosis/ hemangioma (get bigger over the first year of life before they start to shrink);
vocal cord dyfunction; esophageal foreign body
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.