1. The NEXUS clinical decision rule (CDR) is effective in the elderly.
2. The NEXUS CDR is effective and in older children (>8 years). Because cervical injury is very rare in younger children (<8 years), use caution in this age group.
3. The new AANS recommendations (2013) do not recommend plain film imaging if CT is available.
4. In patients with spinal cord injury, maintenance of adequate tissue perfusion (e.g.: MAP 85-90) should be maintained for the first 7 days post-injury.
5. Steroids are no longer recommended in the treatment of acute spinal cord injury.