• The aquarium trade and modern travel have brought marine organism related ED visits inland.
• Consider covering any marine wound for Vibrio and skin flora with prophylactic antibiotics. Practice excellent wound care!
• Many marine toxins can be denatured with heat.
• Supportive care in severe envenomation means close observation for clinical improvement, these patients may require admission!
• Your Yellow Steam of Justice (urine) may not be the best idea following a marine envenomation, and may make things worse.
• Beware the blue ringed octopus, delightful as it may appear.