1. CVA is the most common cause of seziures and secondary epilepsy in adults.
2. Blood in the brain is BAD for seizures (ICH and even more so with cerebral infarction with hemorrhagic transformation).
3. In patient's with early-onset (< 30 days) or late-onset (> 30 days) seizures after CVA consider consulting neurology for EEG or initiation of AEDs.
Missed ACS/Physician Wellness:
1. Keep a broad differential for hypotension, especially in the diabetic population.
2. Appreciate the affect of stress and poor patient outcomes on you as a provider.
3. Develop strategies for managing stress and proactively addressing your own well-being.