• Never assume that an airway will be straightforward!!
• Upper airway edema is a common complication of supraglottic device use and should be expected
• King LT’s can be safely exchanged in the emergency department
• Bacterial meningitis has a high incidence of elevated intracranial pressure
• Suspect herniation syndrome in any patient with acute mental status change and meningitis is a potential diagnosis
• Hypertonic saline works rapidly to reduce intracranial pressure without significant downsides